Friday 7 August 2009

Recent inspirations

This is my first post about fashion; my first proper post, you could say. I'm not exactly sure how I should go about it; obviously as blogger you are in control, but this is my first step into a whole new world...

OKAY, here we go.

Well I thought that for my first fashion post I would just write about a few things that have inspired me recently, stuff like that.


Well I got a lot of my inspiration to start a blog from the TeenVogue forums, I must admit. All of the contributors there are brilliant. As for the magazine itself; I really do love some of their fashion spreads and the way they style their cover stars. I absolutely LOVED the recent August issue featuring Emma Watson; the clothes they put her in were stunning and it was that spread that started my obsession with the D&G fall collection. Ever since I saw that spread, I keep seeing this particular skirt that I have just fallen in love with; it seems to be mocking me as I see it in so many adverts and magazines! All of the clothes were beautiful, though, as was the setting.


Unfortunately, I'm not exactly from a ridiculously wealthy background and therefore the skirt will remain a dream... (sob).

I really do think autumn and winter are my favourite seasons; not because of Christmas necessarily! I love them not only due the scenery and weather here in England (which is admittedly cold and rainy much of the time, yes) but I just love any kind of weather; I love nature in general to be perfectly honest. But I really, REALLY love autumn and winter fashion. I think its just the idea of all those luxurious fabrics like warm cashmere and velvet; silks and satins, rich, dark jewel-like colours and all of that. Sadly my lifestyle hardly calls for this kind of attire; but a girl can dream! I still love all of the coats/boots/thick jumpers kind of thing these seasons call for though. Don't get me wrong, I love summer, but its the fall fashion lines and magazine spreads that get me all excited.











Gorgeous coat... if only.
I forgot to add in my previous post that my blog will also sometimes contain pictures of items I buy, or outfits I have put together; along with film inspirations etc...

moonflower x

No comments:

Post a Comment