Monday 10 August 2009

I just couldn't resist...

So yesterday I was in town alone for a couple of hours before meeting some friends, and I popped into French Connection. I don't usually shop in there as I find it pretty expensive, but I was looking at their sale rail when I found these two dresses. Normally I wouldn't just go out and buy two dresses, but I really could not resist getting these two; the sale prices were so good, I was a little bit shocked actually! I did have a motive for buying them though; I've been invited to a wedding reception in October, and I wanted a new dress for it so I thought I would look in the sales. The other dress I just loved and I've decided I might wear it to a friend's 18th in September; I had a wardrobe clearout the other day and I got rid of a couple of dresses I haven't worn in ages; completely worn out ones I've had for a long time. I'd like to think that cancels out my new buys... but hopefully the fact that the sale prices were good makes up for it anyway?!

I know that in the pictures they look fairly plain on the accessories front but I've just posted pictures of the dresses sans-accessories at the moment for ease; at some point in the future I will post pictures with accessories when I wear them. (Although I did include one idea of the plaid dress belted)

I did find some beautiful, quite quirky earrings from Accessorize that I thought would go well with the tartan/plaid dress; and the last photo is of a top from Topshop I bought with some leftover vouchers I thought the colours were perfect for autumn/winter, plus its so comfy!

Tell me what you think...

moonflower x

5 comments:

  1. i totally have a plaid shirt just like that
    http://colaccll.blogspot.com/
    please follow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your purchases were so worth it. You can get so much mileage out of that black French Connection dress! Love the tartan too, and the earrings are a perfect fit. I think I need to jump on the plaid bandwagon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thankyou :) i'm glad i bought them now although i did feel a little guilty haha.
    FashionFrenzy i really like your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah i've just seen the plaid shirt its really similar haha

    ReplyDelete